Phishing is a type of deception designed to steal your valuable personal data for fraud and other personal benefits. Phishing is an attempt to fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords, account data or other information, by pretending themselves as a trustworthy identity; it is typically carried out by e-mail or instant messages.
Once you replied any of these fraudulent means you have fallen into a Phishing trap .
Avoid Phishing Attacks :
• Always type proper URL in the address bar for login to Internet banking site.
• Provide personal details over phone/Internet only if you have initiated the call and properly authenticated the counterparty.
• Give User id and password to authenticated login page.
• Bank will never ask you to verify account information over mail.
In case you feel you have fallen into a Phishing trap :
• Change your passwords immediately on suspecting that you have fallen in a Phishing trap.
• Inform bank officials for fraud attack.
• Check your account statement and ensure that it is correct in every respect.